Cerebral Palsy Treatment
The word “cerebral” means the midbrain, “palsy” means paralysis. We provide the best cerebral palsy treatment to the children of age group 2 to 17 years old.
Cerebral palsy (CP) is a neurological disorder that affects the movement of a child, motor skills and muscle tone. In most cases, cerebral palsy is caused by brain damage, which develops while the child is still in the utero or during shortly after birth. It refers to a group of disorders that affect muscles coordination and movement. In many cases hearing, vision and sensation are also affected that’s why children need cerebral palsy treatment as soon as possible. Book an Appointment Now :- +91-9872820865
Therapies For Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Therapy, provided in different forms, helps people with cerebral palsy with mental, physical, social and educational benefits. If it is started early after the diagnosis, then many forms of therapy for CP can reduce impairment and the risk of developing other conditions related to cerebral palsy in children.
Keep in mind that therapy can also be very beneficial for parents and caregivers. For example, behavioral therapy can help parents to teach the benefits of positive reinforcement., while nutrition therapy can help people understand specific dietary needs.
Types of therapy used to help children for cerebral palsy treatment : Book an Appointment Now :- +91-9872820865
- FELDENKRAIS THERAPY
- REPAT THERAPY
- BALANCE BOARD THERAPY
- BRAIN GYM THERAPY
- LOOP THERAPY(GYMNASTIC PROGRAM)
- LISTENING THERAPY
- REFLEX INTEGRATION THERAPY
- AUDIO VISUAL THERAPY
- PRISM THERAPY
- ORA FACIAL AND LOGOTHERAPY
- RUNNING PROGRAM THERAPY
- CYCLING PROGRAM THERAPY
- HANDLE THERAPY
- ART THERAPY (SENSORY INTEGRATION)
- TACTILE THERAPY
- NEURO THERAPY
- MUSIC THERAPY
- RESPIRATORY PATTERNING THERAPY
- ARCHETYPE THERAPY
- READING/MATHS/ENCYCLOPEDIA PROGRAM
- NUTRITION, SUPPLEMENTS & DIET
All these are best foreign therapies for cerebral palsy children.
Cerebral Palsy Types
There are different types of Cerebral palsy which affect different parts of the brain and needs different types of therapies for cerebral palsy treatment. Each type causes specific movement disorders. The types of CP are:
- Spastic cerebral palsyis the most common type of disorder, which affects about 79% of all people of CP. The Spastic Cerebral Palsy is different from other types of Cerebral Palsy because its symptoms and characteristics are different. Common symptoms and characteristics of spastic cp include:
- Fail to reach milestones in walking, crawling and sitting
- Unusual movement
- stiff muscles
- Muscles tend to become stiff, the more child moves
- Difficulty in controlling individual muscles
- Difficulty pin moving one position to another.
- Dyskinetic cerebral palsyis the second most common form of cerebral palsy, although it only affects around 3% of all cases of the disorder. Symptoms of dyskinetic cerebral palsy include:
- Repetitive, twisting motions (dystonia)
- Slow, writhing movements (athetosis)
- Unpredictable, irregular movements (chorea)
- Awkward posture
- Ataxic cerebral palsy –it is the least common type of CP. People with this form of Cerebral Palsy have usually problems with balance and coordination. They may have difficulty walking and doing fine motor works, such as writing and grasping objects.
- Hypotonic cerebral palsy – reduces muscle tone and relaxes the muscles. Hands and feet move very smoothly and floppy, child appears like a rag doll.
Babies with this type of CP have some control over the head and there may be trouble in breathing. As they grow up, they can struggle to sit straight as a result of their weak muscles. They may have difficulty speaking and abnormalities in walking.
- Mixed cerebral palsy – Some people have a combination of symptoms from different types of CP. This is called mixed CP. In most cases of mixed CP, people experience a mixture of spastic and dyskinetic CP. When children are diagnosed with mixed cerebral palsy, they can exhibit a combination of symptoms that correspond to each type of disorder.
We provide the best techniques for all these types of cerebral palsy treatment.
Cerebral Palsy Causes
In some cases, the cause of cerebral palsy remains unknown. However, research suggests that disorder can occur during pregnancy when the child’s brain is not properly developed or damaged. Brain damage can be caused by usual maternal illnesses and diseases, genetic factors or illegal drugs, while cerebral palsy may also occur during childbirth. Babies born earlier than due date are at risk of developing cerebral palsy. Premature infants could have oxygen deficiency and other medical issues that can cause brain damage, which can eventually lead to cerebral palsy in children.
Cerebral palsy is not always during pregnancy or childbirth. In an example, children may have an accident during childhood, which can cause brain damage and cerebral palsy. These children will also get better with cerebral palsy treatment.
Another possible cerebral palsy cause is brain damage due to medical negligence. When the child is deprived of oxygen during birth, then the damage can be sufficient to cause cerebral palsy. During the delivery, improper use of forceps and other devices can also injure/damage the brain of child.
Cerebral Palsy Symptoms
Symptoms of Cerebral Palsy in Children
- Low or high muscle tone resulting in floppiness or tightening
- Stiffness or tightness of muscles.
- Unable to hold their own head when lying on stomach or in a supportive sitting position
- Muscle spasms
- Poor muscle control and posture
- Delayed development
- Difficulty in feeding or swallowing
- prefer to use one side of their body
Other Symptoms of CP in children
Although the brain of children with cerebral palsy is injured, the injury doesn’t get worse on development
Depending on the level of severity of cerebral palsy in children, they may experience difficulties with physical development such as:
- Not running for 12-18 months
- Do not speak a simple sentence for 24 months
If your child is not reaching these milestones or they show some symptoms of cerebral palsy, you may need to talk to your early childhood nurse, pediatrician or general practitioner.
If these Sign or symptoms are in your child, then contact us for best cerebral palsy treatment. Book an Appointment Now :- +91-9872820865